Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia, and we’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 1,900 owners who share their cars with over 100,000 members.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our growing Fleet Installation Team. We will need your hands on skills to help us expand our community of car owners through installing new vehicles, maintaining existing vehicles and off-boarding vehicles at the end of their sharing life. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring we keep smashing goals and continue to build a sustainable and long-lasting community of car owners.
This is a casual role with an immediate start that consists of approximately 16-24hrs a week on an ongoing basis. Our offices are located in the Melbourne CBD however, you will primarily be on the road and your jobs will be located around inner Melbourne. You are not required to come to the office every day, as you will hold a small supply of weekly stock. We are offering between $25.50 to $27.00 per hour including super (depending on experience). Plus an attractive 50c per-km compensation for use of your car.
What will you be doing?
- Installing/uninstalling plug&play trackers in cars. (no electrician experience required, you won’t cut any wires but might need to remove panels)
- Installing/uninstalling small sized decals on cars
- Registering the devices installed on our systems via a serial number (using your smartphone)
- Driving/relocating our fleet cars to different locations (metro)
- Managing and maintaining individual inventory for installations, as well as devices uninstalled from vehicles
- Reporting stock levels fortnightly
- Providing feedback to the team to improve systems and processes
- Interacting with our members, representing our company and its values
- You may be required to train new starters
What you'll bring
- Enthusiasm, and a passion for working in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. This role operates at a high intensity, with a high level of accountability
- Confident and articulate written and verbal communication skills, and a desire and ability to create an outstanding member experience for our Car Owners and Borrowers
- Presentability - Our members love us, they tell their friends, and that’s how we grow. You will potentially be the only face to face contact our Car Owners will receive, so first impressions are important!
- Initiative, coupled with the ability to solve problems quickly, and independently
- Solid commitment to the working dates, our installations are booked 2 weeks in advance and rescheduling can hinder the owner experience
- A desire to learn. Be a person who is constantly looking outside for new and better ways to do things
- Basic knowledge of electrical and technical equipment – and cars – is a bonus but not mandatory!
- You will need a full Australian driver’s licence and access to a car
To apply, please go to:
We are using Applied, a hiring platform that offers a different approach to reviewing applications in order to remove unconscious bias during the hiring process. For this reason, we will only be accepting applications via this link.