Permanent, Full-Time (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
Sydney or Melbourne based with WFH and flexible working arrangements available
Competitive remuneration $75,000-$85,000 including super and potential equity/options
About Car Next Door
Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia, and we’re on a mission to free people and the planet from the 'one person, one car' mentality. Since 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 3,000 owners who share their cars with over 140,000 members.
- 2014- Green Lifestyle Awards, winner - transport company
- 2017 - Westpac Businesses of Tomorrow, top 200 winner
- 2018 - SmartCompany Smart 50, 5th place
- 2018 - Service Innovation Awards, Finalist
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast50
About the role
This is NOT your standard Motor Claims role and we are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual who is looking for a challenge to join our high-performing Repairs Team. Your role will be to manage a portfolio of claims end-to-end and acting as an escalation point for Repair Support team members for complex cases, liability disputes, case strategy setting and member escalations.
The position will suit a perceptive, diligent and empathetic person who is looking to join a passionate and dedicated team who support one another and ensure coming to work is fun and successes are celebrated with high frequency.
In this role, you will:
- Managing end-to-end damage claims from initial report to finalisation
- Liaising with relevant external stakeholders, like repairers, assessors, insurers and third parties
- Setting clear case strategy with clear documentaton as to rationale and actions taken/due
- Determining liability in multi vehicle and determining member responsibility by applying and communicating the requisite policies
- Reviewing damage quotes and assessment reports and determining validity based on previous industry experience
- Completion of accurate financial transactions including payments made and recoveries applied
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences when handling escalated issues from members. Including receiving, responding to, and actioning feedback.
- Ongoing active involvement in further developing and improving processes and protocols
- Applying pre-existing insurance industry experience and knowledge to support ongoing development of team
- Identifying knowledge gaps of team members and be willing and capable to provide coaching on a case by case basis whilst recording systemic issues
- Perform other duties that may be reasonably required including project work designed to improve business performance
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years direct motor claims experience is a must. Industry qualification ANZIIF Tier 2 minimum.
- Experience with reviewing existing processes. Providing recommendations for improvement and implementation.
- Outstanding customer service and stakeholder management skills. You will need to engage in conflict resolution in sensitive circumstances.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience in a written customer correspondence.
- Outstanding critical thinking and decision making skills. You will be analysing complex issues while managing competing priorities.
- Drive, motivation, energy and enthusiasm. You need to be a self-starter and have the ability to solve problems as they arise.
- A high level of computer competency. You don’t need to be a programmer but you do need to be able to work across multiple systems simultaneously.
- A desire to learn. We’re looking for someone who is constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. Our goal is to provide the best member experience in Australia (for any industry) and you will need to learn all the skills to make that happen!
Why work for Car Next Door?
- We value and actively seek out your recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities
- We encourage staff to continuously grow both personally and professionally by providing opportunities to network, attend events and access to learning materials
- With around 100% year on year growth there is huge scope for career progression
- A free heavyweight membership, with driving credit applied to your account each month so you can enjoy the Car Next Door benefit our Members do!
- More than a job - employees at Car Next Door get to be a part of something that is changing the way people get around, challenging the status quo, and creating a better future!
To apply, please ONLY submit your application via this link: https://forms.gle/bjYd8mdigR4F63ES6
NOTE: We are currently not accepting candidates from Agency. Thank you.