Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car-sharing network in Australia and we’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting in 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 2,300 owners who share their cars with over 130,000 members.
About the role
With thousands of trips booked through our neighbour-to-neighbour car sharing community each week, we need a claims team that can efficiently arrange repairs so that cars can stay active and our members have a simple and satisfactory resolution. We are looking for an innovative and motivated leader to take our claims team to the next level.
This will not be your normal claims management leadership role. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, you will discover and implement new systems and projects that improve the efficiency and experience of our claims and repairs processes as we add thousands of cars and borrowers to our network.
You will lead a growing team of 10 to ensure that any damaged car is repaired to a high standard and back being shared as quickly as possible.
As a core part of the team, you’ll be:
- Maintain a strong overview of claims processes, continuously identifying areas of underperformance and implementing improvement
- Instigating and driving projects that will transform our claim handling and repair processes, to bring about a step change in efficiency, costs and quality
- Working with team leaders to manage a growing team of 10 people across Australia and the Philippines.
- Overseeing employee development, including performance management, coaching, and development activities
- Providing operational and technical support to the team leaders, including acting as an escalation point for staff.
- Developing strong recruitment and staff on-boarding processes, ensuring robust training plans are in place
- Driving a culture of customer-centricity and continuous improvement across all claims staff and stakeholder groups
- Investigate and find creative solutions to customer complaints, and where necessary escalate issues through to our internal disputes process
- Drive operational excellence in the delivery of customer satisfaction targets, KPI’s, quality and compliance requirements
- Deliver regular reporting and analysis on key operational metrics
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 2+ years experience in a claims role.
- 2+ years managing a team.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects, including identifying areas for improvement and implementing significant process and system changes that drive positive impact for an operations team.
- Drive and self-motivation. You need to be a self-starter, with the initiative to solve problems as they arise. We operate at a high intensity and you will be setting the culture for the claims team including rolling up your sleeves and getting on the front line frequently.
- Very strong people skills. You will be leading a growing and hard-working team that will require both sensitivity and support in conflict resolution and managing workloads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be setting the example for your team, both in training and when complex and difficult cases are escalated to you for resolution.
- Great organisation skills with a systems focus.You need to be developing systems to enable your team and Car Next Door to scale efficiently.
Sound like your dream job?
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and Cover Letter detailing:
- Interesting information about you! - include how you heard about Car Next Door and the position, your visa situation, and how you address the skills and requirements for the role
At Car Next Door, we value all people for who they are and what they bring to our community. We encourage our employees to be their genuine, authentic selves and know that our team, our product and our members’ experiences are enhanced by the diversity of perspectives of everyone who works at Car Next Door. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants and promote merit and fairness in our employment practices. If you’re passionate about product development and creating an amazing platform for our community, come as you are!
NOTE: We are currently not accepting candidates from Agency. Thank you.