About Car Next Door
Car Next Door is fundamentally changing the way Australia travels by turning any car into a share car.
We let Car Owners share their cars with their neighbours during times they aren’t using it themselves. We do this by providing an online marketplace with safe and trusted members, a booking system and a range of in-vehicle technologies to make car-sharing safe, fast, and easy for both Car Owners and Car Borrowers.
Car Next Door is on a mission to enable 10,000 Australians to share their cars with neighbours, thereby removing dependency on personal vehicle ownership and fundamentally changing the way people make their transport decisions.
All this will cut personal transport costs in half, permanently remove 87,000 cars from the Australian vehicle fleet, reduce CO2 emissions by 84,000 tonnes per year and foster greater community engagement.
Car Next Door is looking to attract an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the Fleet Management Team as we scale up. This is an opportunity to join a progressive startup, with an already proven concept. The position would suit an organised self-starter, who loves working with their hands and doing something amazing for the community and our environment. In a nutshell, your role will be to coordinate installations efficiently, and help get cars ready for borrowing!
What will you be doing?
- Preparing installation packs and New car owner packs
- Preparing and installing Fred Lockbox, Calamps, toll devices and fuel paddles in cars
- Installing branding (stickers) on car
- Managing and maintaining individual inventory for installations
- Solving any potential tech issues that may arise during installations
- Taking responsibility for the security and overnight storage of Car Next Door stock and equipment in a locked indoor location
- Contributing to the development of systems to ensure a smooth transition as we scale
- Interacting regularly with our members, representing our company and its values
What you'll bring
- Enthusiasm, and a passion for working in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. This role operates at a high intensity, with a high level of accountability.
- Confident and articulate written and verbal communication skills, and a desire and ability to create an outstanding member experience for our Car Owners and Borrowers.
- Presentability - Our members love us, they tell their friends, and that’s how we grow. You will potentially be the only face to face contact our Car Owners will receive, so first impressions are important!
- Initiative, coupled with the ability to solve problems quickly, and independently
- Solid commitment to the working dates, our installations are booked 2 weeks in advance and rescheduling can hinder the owner experience
- A desire to learn. Be a person who is constantly looking outside for new and better ways to do things.
- Good knowledge of electrical and technical equipment – and cars – is a bonus!
Location, start date, hours and salary
Location: Sydney (office in Pyrmont). You'll be mainly on the road, although some preparation and storage of materials at your home will be required. You will need a full Australian driver’s licence and access to a car.
Start date: Immediately
Package: $25.50 per hour including super. Plus per-km compensation for use of your car.
Job Type: This is a casual role, that consists of approximately 16-24hrs a week on an ongoing basis.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience.