Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia, and we’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 2,300 owners who share their cars with over 130,000 members.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our growing mobile Fleet Installation Team. We will need your hands on skills to help us expand our community of car owners through installing new vehicles, maintaining existing vehicles and offboarding vehicles at the end of their sharing life. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring we keep smashing goals and continue to build a sustainable and long-lasting community of car owners.
About the role
We are currently looking for casual employees who are able to start immediately. We are offering a rate between $25.50 to $27.00 per hour including super (depending on experience), plus an attractive 50c per-km compensation for use of your car. This is a casual role, that consists of approximately 16-24hrs a week on an ongoing basis. You will primarily be on the road and your jobs will be located around inner Melbourne. Your Manager will be based in the Sydney head office.
What will you be doing:
- Installing/uninstalling plug&play trackers in cars. (no electrical experience required, you won’t cut any wires but might need to remove panels)
- Installing/uninstalling small sized decals on cars
- Registering the devices installed on our systems via a serial number using your smartphone
- Driving/relocating our fleet cars to different locations (Metro regions only)
- Managing and maintaining individual inventory for installations, as well as devices uninstalled from vehicles.
- Interacting with our members, representing our company and its values
- You may be required to train new starters
What you'll bring:
- Enthusiasm, and a passion for working in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. This role operates at a high intensity, with a high level of accountability.
- Presentability - Our members love us, they tell their friends, and that’s how we grow. You will potentially be the only face to face contact our Car Owners will receive, so first impressions are important!
- Initiative, coupled with the ability to solve problems quickly, and independently
- Solid commitment to the working dates, our installations are booked 2 weeks in advance and rescheduling can hinder the owner experience
- Basic knowledge of electrical and technical equipment – and cars – is a bonus but not mandatory!
- You will need a full Australian driver’s licence and access to a car
At Car Next Door, we value all people for who they are and what they bring to our community. We encourage our employees to be their genuine authentic selves and know that our team, our product and our members’ experiences are enhanced by the diversity of perspectives of everyone who works at Car Next Door. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants and promote merit and fairness in our employment practices. If you’re passionate about doing something amazing for our community and environment, come as you are!
Please send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org