Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia. We're on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport and to free the planet from the 'one person, one car' mentality. Since 2012, we have successfully grown to having around 1,600 cars on our platform and have had over 170,000 bookings.
About the role
We're looking for a customer service guru, who can lead our Owner Experience team in providing exceptional service and support to people who share their cars through Car Next Door’s neighbourly car-sharing community. This is an opportunity to take real ownership of a function within our Customer Service team, and take the experience our Owners have with Car Next Door to the next level! Our Owners trust our platform with their cars, and your job will be to ensure they feel supported and receive VIP service from our team.
What will you be doing?
- Managing a team of 4+ people who are passionate about serving Car Next Door’s car-owner community
- Ensuring that the team meets its goals for first response times, customer satisfaction and efficient resolution of support requests
- Using surveys, data and analytics to understand and monitor owners’ experience of sharing their car and making evidence-based decisions about where to focus the team’s efforts
- Designing and managing systems and alerts for proactive contact and support, so that the team can reach out to owners before they have reported a problem
- Training the team to deliver onboarding and education to new car owners
- Working with the sales, communications and product teams to ensure that owners’ comments and concerns are conveyed to other teams, so that we can continuously improve owners’ experience from first contact onwards
- Designing and delivering a system for providing exceptional one-stop service to our VIP owners
- Guiding the team in assessing complex situations and making decisions about the retention of car owners
- Leading the team in contributing to the company wiki and online knowledge base
- Working with the Head of Member Experience to deliver great service
What will you need to succeed?
- A proven ability to successfully manage a team
- 5+ years’ experience in customer service with an element of Sales or Retention
- Highly technically proficient, confident with using a variety of software platforms
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in successfully managing competing business or functional priorities
- Comfortability with handling difficult conversations over the phone
More about the role:
This is a full-time position, working from our Office in Pyrmont. The offer will include a salary & potential equity for the right person. The salary range on offer is between $70,000-$80,000 Inc. Super, depending on experience. The hours for this role are between 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
As a CND Employee, you'll also get:
- A free heavyweight membership, with a $30 driving credit applied to your account each month
- Development - we encourage staff to continuously grow both personally and professionally by providing opportunities to network, attend events and access to learning materials
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of the business with involvement in our company-wide conference on a quarterly basis
- Bi-annual salary reviews
- Staff directed ‘Thank You’ vouchers, which team members can use to thank other employees for great work!
- More than a job - employees at CND get to be a part of something that is changing the way people get around, challenging the status quo, and creating a better future!
Interested in applying for this amazing opportunity?
To apply, please go to:
We are using Applied, a hiring platform that offers a different approach to reviewing applications in order to remove unconscious bias during the hiring process. For this reason, we will only be accepting applications via this link.