Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia, and we’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting in 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 2,000 owners who share their cars with over 100,000 members.
About the role
We are looking to attract an experienced and self-motivated Full-Stack or Back-End Ruby on Rails developer, to join a highly experienced development team as we scale up. The role would suit someone who wants to play a key part in the development team, working on exciting projects in one of Australia's most promising startups.
You will help drive the technology direction of the company, supported by our well-rounded team as we embark on a fast-paced programme of development to help the business expand throughout Australia and beyond.
This is a full-time role with an immediate start, working remotely or in our Sydney Office (remote location must be within Australia). We are offering a salary range of $100,000 - $120,000 Inc. Super and potential equity for the right candidate.
What you'll be doing:
- Contributing to the development of Car Next Door's core car-sharing platform through:
- building new functionality
- integrating with internal and external systems
- working with mapping systems and vehicle telematics and automating core processes.
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years' commercial software development experience (with at least two years RoR)
- A focus on detail around automated tests and documenting your code
- Experience debugging and optimising web applications for speed and scale
- An agile mindset, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work, and a desire to contribute to a team of dedicated and talented people
- An understanding of what we're doing (and why) and a passion to get involved
Sound like your dream job?
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a Cover Letter detailing:
- Interesting information about you! - include how you heard about Car Next Door and the position, your visa situation, and how you address the skills and requirements for the role
- The most difficult API/library/software bug you've squashed
- The most technically impressive thing you've ever built
- The largest deployment you've worked on
- Links to your portfolio/Github profile or code samples to help us get a feel for how you write code
At Car Next Door, we value all people for who they are and what they bring to our community. We encourage our employees to be their genuine authentic selves and know that our team, our product and our members’ experiences are enhanced by the diversity of perspectives of everyone who works at Car Next Door. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants and promote merit and fairness in our employment practices. If you’re passionate about product development and creating an amazing platform for our community, come as you are!