Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia, and we’re on a mission to free people and the planet from the 'one person, one car' mentality. Since 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 3,000 owners who share their cars with over 140,000 members.
To apply, please submit your application via this link: https://forms.gle/t7Dtt3PUdrxF9huw6
About the role
As a Product Writer at Car Next Door, you’ll be the bridge between our growing product and communication teams, helping create intuitive experiences through well-crafted, useful and meaningful text within our product and supporting communications. You’ll play a key role in defining product narratives across multiple platforms and touchpoints at one of Australia’s most promising startups, working closely with our product managers, designers and communications team to clarify and simplify our user experience. If you have an eye for detail, a passion for usability and a knack for making complex things simple, come join us in crafting intuitive experiences for our growing car-sharing community.
This is a full-time role with an immediate start, working in our Sydney office or remotely within Australia.
As a core part of the team, you’ll be:
- Crafting copy across our web and app interfaces, help centre and supporting communications that helps our members borrow and share cars with ease
- Collaborating cross-functionally with design, product management, and marketing to ensure concepts are communicated consistently and cohesively across the product, with a steady tone of voice, good grammar and contextual awareness
- Working closely with the product team to ensure our users and our internal teams understand new features and changes to the platform or policy through clear product copy and release notes
- Optimising copy to increase the user’s understanding of the product, their engagement in expected behaviours, and their capability to resolve issues independently
- Identifying areas for improvement in the user experience through insights from user research and data
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years professional writing experience
- A portfolio showing your experience writing for digital products
- A knack for communicating complex concepts in simple terms
- A desire to understand your users and their needs
- A self-starter attitude with an ability to manage priorities of multiple projects
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Qualification in Communications, Writing, Journalism or similar
- Experience with CRO, SEO or other growth strategies
- Experience with user experience or user interface design
Sound like your dream job?
Submit your application via this link : https://forms.gle/t7Dtt3PUdrxF9huw6
Other than your cv, please include your portfolio and cover letter detailing:
- Your story – how did you hear about us and how does your experience lend itself to the role?
- Your visa situation, if applicable
- One of your favourite digital interfaces and why it’s great
At Car Next Door, we value all people for who they are and what they bring to our community. We encourage our employees to be their genuine, authentic selves and know that our team, our product and our members’ experiences are enhanced by the diversity of perspectives of everyone who works at Car Next Door. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants and promote merit and fairness in our employment practices. If you’re passionate about product development and creating an amazing platform for our community, come as you are!
NOTE: We are currently not accepting candidates from Agency. Thank you.